Intention: An interactive, physically embodied, collaborative community design experience. An opportunity for all participants to creatively engage in the process of envisioning a community they feel would most optimally support them in a healthy, happy and thriving life. The playshop lengths vary from 2 hours to 4 days; consisting of inspirational collaborative exercises and various methods of group communication.
Empowering participants with pathways to begin shaping communities that resonate with their heart and authentically reflect their core values. The pathways encompass the whole spectrum of personal action and collective creation. We offer personal steps of action that we can take in our current community, as well as facilitating the collective creation of Ecovillages and Cohousing communities.
Agenda: 2 hour design/visioning experience.
- Hour One: An introduction to community design and visioning practices. The content for this introduction will be a compilation of information from ‘The Transition Town Movement’, Gaia Education in conjunction with the United Nations – ‘Ecovillage Design Education’, Future Generations ‘SEED Scale‘ and the ‘Local Earth Community Building Program’ created by the Treekaya Ecologic Living Institute.
- Hour Two: Open-space collaborative community design process.
Open Space: Focusing question being used to establish core community values. “What are the core issues most important to us/me for health and happiness in our/my community?”
Context: The container and trajectory of this workshop is shaped by the community members who participate. We will be exploring sustainable design methodologies in relation to both local and global community environments. This 2 hour workshop will be evolving into a 4 day workshop/event at the Envision Festival in Costa Rica (March 1-4, 2012). The visioning workshop is in preparation to launch the Local Earth Festival and initial planning for the 1st Local Earth Community/Ecovillage (March – 2013).
“May users of this education find joy in living in the present just as it is; and with the
knowledge they have acquired, go on to seed ecologically viable, economically productive, socially just, and spiritually transforming solutions into their home communities. May peace, love, and compassion guide your every action.”
– Gaia Education
Pathways of Creation…
- Hosting or participating in Seeds of Transition Study Groups
- Get involved with a Local Earth Community Action Group (if there is one that interests you join in support – if there is a project you would like to start, take the lead and start a new action committee/project!)
- Get trained as a Local Earth – ‘Transitioning the Dream’ Symposium Facilitator
- Host a Roots Immersion Organic Gardening & Composting Workshop at your home, school, work or church.
- Join us in the co-creation of the 1st ‘Local Earth Community’ in Costa Rica!