Vision: Creating a healthy, happy & sustainable world!
Join us to celebrate the fall equinox on September 22nd! This is a community building event with many fun, inspiring and educational activities to participate in! There will be hands-on workshops and presentations from 1:00 – 7:00 PM focused on permaculture, sustainability, healthy lifestyle, natural building, organic agriculture, resource management, local currency and renewable energy. This is a fun-raising event to kick-off and support the San Diego CommUNITY Gardening Project!
Cost: Sliding suggested donation $10-20 (no one turned away for lack of funds). We also highly value any time, energy, love and material supplies that participants would like to contribute to the cause.
Volunteer: Please let us know if you are available to help with the logistics of this event. With so much to do we could use help before, during, and after the big day. (email to join us: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Saturday, September 22nd @ The World Beat Center / 1:00 – 11:00 PM
Address: 2100 Park Blvd, San Diego, 92101
1:00 – 7:00 / Tables, hands-on workshops & presentations from Local Earth and other local organizations promoting sustainable living practices and systems.
1:00 – 1:30 / Opening Ceremony / Red Warriors / Native American Drumming & Prayer
1:45 – 4:00 / Generation Wake Up Experience
4:00 – 5:00 / Yoga w/ live music
5:00 – 6:00 / Soular Panel / Community Discussion
6:00 – 7:00 / Live Drumming & Dance
7:00 – 11:00 / Live Music, Performance & Celebration
- 7:00 – Sister Speak (www.sisterspeakmusic.com)
- 8:00 – Royal Heart (www.RoyalHeartMusic.com)
- 9:00 – Bateke Beat (www.batekebeat.com)
Community / Workshop / Activity / Education Zones (throughout whole event)
- Resource Management
- Community Building / Art
Ways for partner organizations/companies/people to collaborate & build community!
- assist with planning & collective vision for the event
- promote the vision & work of your organization at a table in the community zone
- host an interactive workshop
- volunteer at the event
- provide an item or service for the silent auction/raffle
- come to the event & spread the good word to your network!
Guidelines for participation…
- our intention is to create a ZERO waste / Positive Trace Event
- please bring your own re-usable cutlery & drinking container (there will be yummy food provided by the World Beat Center Cafe)
- if you or your organization are presenting/tabling please be conscious of what types of materials and resources you are using
- please limit printed materials and use recycled paper with earth-friendly inks
- pack-it-in / pack-it-out