The Local Earth Collective invites you to join us for our monthly social at the World Beat Center! (6:30-10:30PM)
Intention – Coming together as community to celebrate, learn, share, educate & inspire! Each month will have a theme focused on a specific element of sustainable community development & healthy lifestyle.
Eat some tasty food made with love… laugh with old friends… and get to know new eco-minded friends in San Diego! The World Beat Center serves delicious vegetarian food at their cafe!
The element of community we are focusing on for ***TBA*** is ‘Energy’. We will be showing the film ‘THRIVE’. “Weaving together breakthroughs in science, consciousness and activism, THRIVE offers real solutions, empowering us with unprecedented and bold strategies for reclaiming our lives and our future.”
This is a ‘leave a positive trace’ event and we ask that every possible effort is made to create no waste… please use reusable containers for food and beverages… the Earth thanks you!!!
- TBA , 6:30-10:30PM
- The Word Beat Center / 2100 Park Blvd, San Diego 92101
- Local Earth Members / FREE (Sign agreement & $1/month or 1 hour community service/month)
- Non-members / $2 (suggested donation, no one turned away for lack of funds / volunteer options)
6:30 – 8:00 PM / Eco-Social & CommUNITY Expression Session
- A creative venue for local artists with a positive, conscious, healthy and sustainable message they would like to share with the commUNITY! (an open-mic with intention)
- Socialize with like-minded friends (orientation of ecologic sustainability, health and positivity)
- Eat delicious, healthy, local, organic vegetarian food
- Tables, booths, presentations and conscious conversation focused on topics of health & sustainability
8:00 – 8:30 PM / Presentations from local organizations
8:30 – 10:00 PM / Film / THRIVE
- “THRIVE is an unconventional documentary that lifts the veil on what’s REALLY going on in our world by following the money upstream — uncovering the global consolidation of power in nearly every aspect of our lives.”
10:00 – 10:30 PM / Community Discussion
- We will discuss the film and explore steps of ACTION that each of us WILL TAKE to create a healthy, happy and sustainable local commUNITY.
- This month’s discussion and steps of action will be focused specifically on ENERGY.